PMI Austin Chapter
From Service to Certified!
PMI Austin Chapter’s Military Outreach Vision
To harness the potential of our military personnel and veterans by providing a community of support with access to subject matter knowledge and personal experience.
Goals of the Military Outreach Program:
- Engage transitioning military personnel to consider the project management field
- Inform military communities about project management values, processes, skills, and certifications
- Help military personnel and veterans select applicable PMI certification and translate their skills and experience to successfully apply for certification and provide guidance and mentorship throughout the certification application process
- Increase PMI Austin Chapter’s awareness about transitioning military personnel
- Integrate the veteran community and veteran-friendly companies
- Establish a mentor-mentee program for military personnel and veterans
PMI Austin Chapter’s board includes a Military Liaison Chair who seeks transitioning military personnel interested in project management and connects them with veterans currently working in the field. These veterans assist and advise on the transition process from prior careers into the field of project management.
To find out about our Military Chapter Guest Pass Program and if you qualify for a free first year membership to PMI Austin Chapter, please contact us. Note: You must be a member of PMI Global to join PMI Austin Chapter.