PMI Austin Chapter
About our Chapter
Dedicated to your advancement!
PMI Austin Chapter
PMI Austin Chapter was founded in 1992 as a non-profit, tax exempt corporation chartered by PMI®, and is dedicated to advancing the practice, science, and profession of project management leadership in a conscious and proactive manner.
PMI Austin Chapter fosters professionalism and leadership in the management of projects, programs and portfolios to:
- Contribute to the quality and scope of project, program and portfolio management.
- Provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications,and solutions to project, program and portfolio management issues among its members, and other interested and involved in project, program and portfolio management organizational (PMO) leadership.
- Identify and promote the fundamentals of project management leadership and advance the bodies of knowledge for successfully managing projects, programs, portfolios by contributing to and achieving organizational objectives.
Membership for our chapter is over 3,000+ members, as of January 2023. We work hard to make sure that our members and Austin-area project managers are aware of chapter events, and that they feel welcome when they arrive.
The values we have are firmly focused on developing the quality of project management and recognizing it as a valued profession. To that end, we offer educational programs like our PMP Exam Prep course and various monthly speaking events. We support our members by offering a successful Mentor/Mentee program; we maintain a list of job opportunities and support members career searches through our Blue Dot/Green Dot program; and we support our active military and veterans through our Military Outreach program.
- Visit our Become a Member page for information on becoming a chapter member.
- Review PMI Austin Chapter Bylaws, ratified July 1, 2022.
- Review our Code of Ethics.