Virtual Chapter Meeting
Important Note: If you are a PMI member from another chapter, please register as a non-chapter member for this event and self-report your PDU credit.
Online Meeting: JOIN Virtual Chapter Meeting
5:30 – 6:00 pm
Message from our Chapter President.
6:00 – 7:00 pm
(1 PDU Leadership)
Title: Leadership — the key to resource proactivity & accountability
We will cover:
- Learn what over 300 PMs in 54 countries report as their #1 frustration
- Consider your own #1 PM challenge & frustration
- Learn the #1 problem reported by task Resources worldwide
- Learn 2 specific, and vital methods, that mitigate the #1 problem reported by Resources
- Participant identifies their #1 PM challenge and frustration
- Participant identifies characteristics of good Leadership
- Participant learns the #1 problem reported by task Resources worldwide
- Participant learns 2 specific, and vital methods, that mitigate the #1 problem reported by Resources
Speaker: Steven Souther
My passion is working with Project Management Professionals who desire to significantly improve the results they deliver to their organizations. I deliver results through consulting and teaching the “Lagility Method”. I developed this method with over 13 years of professional project management experience. Hundreds of complex projects with thousands of staff resources, and budgets that ran into the hundreds of millions of dollars have all contributed to the method.
As a personal student of Edward Deming, the method embraces Dr. Deming’s “Plan, Do, Check, Act” (PDCA) techniques. Jeff Sutherland’s SCRUM principles are also included in the method. An additional benefit of the method is that it transforms teams into high performance teams, teams that get more work done, in less time, and at higher quality.
Xerox — Program Manager (2010 – 2015) Recruited to lead one of the largest and most complex system IT transitions in California history. Computer Associates — Senior Project Manager (2006 – 2009) Managed large commercial IT software installation projects and lead project manager responsible for all aspects of projects.
InnerCite — President (1993 – 2005) Built Internet company from ground up to over 10,000 customers and $2M revenue annually
IBM — Senior Consultant (1982 – 1993) Built data networks for IBM, Kaiser Permanente, Foundation Health, University California Davis and provided technical lead support to sales team on networking & workstation technologies.
For any issues with registration or questions about claiming PDUs, email VP of Professional Development.
It is no longer possible to register for this event