VOLUNTEER WITH PMI AUSTIN CHAPTER!
Why Get Involved?
Contributing to chapter activities not only improves the chapter, it also benefits the chapter member in many ways.
You'll have the opportunity to make a positive difference!
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) - one volunteer hour gives one PDU
- Meet project managers in the local area
- Learn new project management skills
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Network with your peers
- Maintain connections with those involved in the chapter
- Help those in your community
How Much Time is Required?
Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments (several hours/month) to long-term committee lead roles (Board members/Directors). The PMI Austin Chapter has many different opportunities available, and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary. We have volunteer opportunities to fit everyone's busy schedule.
There are three different levels of volunteering opportunities based on number of estimated commitment hours per month to fulfill the role.
- Bronze: 1-5 hrs/mo
- Silver: 6-15 hrs/mo
- Gold: >15 hours a month (gold)
How to Volunteer
To get started:
- Log into the VRMS — if it’s your first time, see the VRMS Guide for detailed instructions on how to use the system.
- Review your volunteer profile and update your service history.
- Search and apply for opportunities that meet your interests and needs.
- Once you apply, you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your application.
- Come back regularly to update your volunteer profile and service history, and search for more opportunities.
Your application will be reviewed and a PMI Austin Board Member will contact you to discuss the role.
If you have any other questions or want to learn more about how to get involved you can contact our Director of Volunteers at email@example.com.